Clean and Beautiful improves area;
here are 10 ways you can also help
By Connie Wiggins
Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful
Special to GwinnettForum.com
NOV. 16, 2001 - - With the many changes facing our
growing community, Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful offers creative
environmental solutions for our lives. By being involved with issues
like air and water quality, recycling, neighborhood improvement,
litter and graffiti prevention, waste management, and green space,
Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful helps to make Gwinnett a healthier,
safer and more livable community.
Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful serves as a non-biased resource
for providing environmental facts about our growing community. We
provide information that is based on science and reason so that
you can make the best decision about the issues facing you.
By forming community partnerships, local citizens can feel confident
that Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful has a broad knowledge base of
the county's issues and community needs. Our partnerships with businesses,
government, schools and citizens provide the talent, resources and
understanding needed to address community issues.
These partnerships help us to create and implement programs that
make our community cleaner, safer, healthier and more livable. These
* Recycle Gwinnett
* Christmas Tree Recycling
* Great American Cleanup
* Air Aware Week
* Neighborhood Pride Program
* Rivers Alive Week
* Storm Drain Stenciling
* Graffiti Hurts Coalition
* Waste in the Workplace
* School Education and Teacher Training
Over 150,000 volunteers a year work with us to make our community
better and help to deter the crime and vandalism that come with
neighborhood decay. Because of these volunteers Gwinnett Clean &
Beautiful is consistently named the number one community improvement
program in the nation by Keep America Beautiful, Inc.
Top Ten Ways You Can Help:
1. Care. Our land, air and water need your help.
2. Recycle. Aluminum, newspapers, glass, office papers,
plastic, cardboard, junk mail, steel cans, telephone books, magazines
and even Christmas trees can be used again.
3. Learn. Get the facts on how to help the environment.
4. Conserve. Use less resources.
5. Adopt. Choose a road or spot.
6. Join. Become a member of Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful.
7. Participate. Report illegal dumping and littering.
8. Beautify. Plant trees, flowers and shrubs.
9. Educate. Schedule one of our speakers for your event.
10. Volunteer. Give your time and talents to help us create
a healthier, safer and more livable Gwinnett.
For more information on how you can get involved, please call GC&B
at 770.822.5187 or visit www.gwinnettcb.org
-- 30 --